April 14, 2021 - watch the recorded session!
Know Your Local Government: Rochester School District
A panel presentation by District officials:
John Carlson, Executive Director of Finance for Rochester Public Schools
Julie Workman, ISD535 School Board, Treasurer
Karen MacLaughlin, ISD535 School Board, Director
Yasmin Ali, Mayo High School junior, student activist, Director of Public Relations for the Rochester Community Initiative
March 25, 2021 - watch the recorded session!
Know Your Local Government: Olmsted County
A panel presentation by County officials:
- Heidi Welsch, Olmsted County Administrator
- Stephanie Podulke, Olmsted County Commission Chair
- Sheila Kiscaden, Olmsted County Commissioner, former MN State Senator
- Shikha Kumar, Rochester-Olmsted Youth Commissioner
March 18, 2021 - watch the recorded session!
Know Your Local Government: City of Rochester
To join the meeting, use this Zoom link
A panel presentation by City officials:
- Alison Zelms, recently hired City Administrator for Rochester
- Brooke Carlson, newly elected City Council President
- Nick Campion, 3rd Ward Council Member since 2014
- Sarah Strauss, John Marshall High School senior, executive member of Rochester/Olmsted County Youth Commission, and youth representative on the Rochester Library Board
February 18, 2021 - watch the recorded session!
What is Redistricting and Why You Should Care?
- Paul Huffman is the Redistricting Coordinator for the LWV Minnesota provides resources, tools, and information for this important process that occurs every 10 years following the census. Review Paul's slides
- Phil Wheeler is the former head of the Rochester-Olmsted County Planning Department (1990 -2013) and oversaw redistricting of the city of Rochester and Olmsted County after the past three censuses, provides a local perspective.
Review Phil's slides
view the resources handout from the LWV Minnesota
January 14, 2021 - watch the recorded session!
Election 2020 and the Challenges Ahead - A virtual town hall
- Steve Simon, Minnesota Secretary of State
- Kim Norton, Mayor of Rochester